Leading a sedentary lifestyle: With the arrival of televisions, computers, video games, remote controls, washing machines, dish washers and other modern convenience devices, the majority of people are leading a much more sedentary lifestyle compared to their parents and grandparents.
The less you move around the fewer calories you burn. However, this is not only a question of calories. Physical activity has an effect on how your hormones work, and hormones have an effect on how your body deals with food.
If you do not sleep enough your risk of becoming obese doubles
Poorly balanced diets and the lack of physical exercise are key factors in the increase of obesity and other metabolic diseases in modern societies.
Medications that make patients put on weight.
Obesity treatments have two objectives:
1. To achieve a healthy weight.
2. To maintain that healthy weight.
3. Any obese person who loses just five to ten per cent of their body weight will have significant improvement in health
4. The giftahealth experts advise obese people to reduce their total daily calorie intake and to consume more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. It is important that your diet is varied you still need to feed yourself, and should continue to enjoy the tastes of different foods. The consumption of sugar, certain refined carbohydrates and some fats should be reduced significantly.
5. Trying to lose weight quickly by crash-dieting carries the following risks:
6. You may develop health problems
7. You will probably experience vitamin deficiencies
8. You chances of failure are significantly higher